TUTORIAL 02: HTML TAGS(REMAKE)
In today’s tutorial, we are going to look at some basic HTML tags. HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language. The tags usually have opening and closing tags, which look like less than and greater than symbols. Though there are some tags that don’t have closing tags, they are embedded in a single tag.
EDITORS: a source code editor is a text editor program design specifically for editing source code of computer programs by programmers.
There are many HTML editors, you can use any of these, Dreamweaver, Notepad ++, HTMLpad etc.
OPENING TAG looks like this
CLOSING TAG looks like this
SOME BASIC HTML TAGS
1. HTML TAG: this shows that the documents contain hypertext markup language.
2. HEAD TAG: This tag holds the codes for title, Meta, and scripts.
3. BODY TAG: Any code between this tag appears on the body of your site.
4. HEADING TAG: This tag holds the headings. We have 6 of them.
5. Paragraph tag: the tag hold text paragraph.
6. BREAK LINE TAG: This tag move text to the next line
7. Horizontal lines: this tag produces a horizontal line.
8. LISTING TAG: the tag hold an item of a list.
9. UNORDERD LIST: It holds list of items that are not arranged according to any order.
10. DIV TAG: This is a tag that holds group of other tags.
Example. To create a div that contains your details or someone’s, like the example below. We use the heading tag, paragraph tag and a break line tag with little style on the div.
You can try it yourself. Please don’t forget to comment and share. See you in the next tutorials for more tags. Thanks.