Wrinkles are entirely a natural thing that happens, and that every women gain with the passage of time. At the same time, it does not mean that with a series of every day care, you cannot tone down these signs of aging skin. There are a number of home remedies that you can very well take help […]
Vitamin C, also known as Ascorbic Acid, is a water-soluble vitamin with antioxidant properties. It is found in citrus fruits, berries, cabbages, leafy vegetables and potato. It is also found in many food and nutritional supplements. Health benefits of this vitamin include prevention and treatment of scurvy (weakness, feeling tired, curly hair, and sore arms […]
The following foods can help you reduce that stubborn body weight.
1. AVOCADOS – Can creamy, rich avocados help shrink your waistline? New research says yes. Data published in the January 2013 issue of “Nutrition Journal” found that individuals who consume heart-healthy avocados have significantly lower BMIs and smaller waistlines, compared to non-avocado eaters. As an added bonus, avocado consumption has been associated with improved overall diet quality as the fruit provides more than 20 different vitamin, minerals and antioxidants. And one fifth of an avocado, (2-3 slices or 1 oz) contains just 50 calories. HOW TO ENJOY: Dip veggies in delicious guacamole, use sliced avocados as a scrumptious salad topper, mash with tuna or hard-boiled eggs for a non-traditional tuna or egg salad.
2. MANGOS – Mangos are one of the best choices to satisfy a sweet tooth while improving your overall diet and not weighing you down. A cup of fresh mango has 100 calories, 2.5 grams of fiber and is an excellent source of vitamins A, C and folate. An animal study reported that the addition of freeze-dried mango to a high-fat diet helped prevent body fat accumulation and lowered blood sugar and insulin levels. And a January 2013 study published in “The Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences” used national food intake data and reported adult mango eaters had higher levels of nutrients such as potassium and fiber, and they weighed less, had lower BMIs and smaller waistlines, compared to adults who reported not eating mangoes. HOW TO ENJOY: Mangoes make more than great salsas or smoothies. Try fresh mango in your yogurt or on your oatmeal, on toast with nut butter or in hearty whole-grain side dishes like quinoa.
3. APPLES – An apple a day may keep a growing waistline at bay. According to several studies, this favorite fruit may lead to reductions in weight and body fat. In addition to containing just 95 calories per medium-sized apple, the fruit also provides the filling soluble fiber pectin and ursolic acid, which may keep you fuller longer while helping your body resist storing extra calories as body fat. In one study, researchers from the University of Iowa found ursolic acid supplementation in animals increased muscle mass. Another animal study found that when animals are given high-fat diets that promote obesity, supplementation of apples or apple juice concentrate help protect the animal from piling on body fat. HOW TO ENJOY: Forgo apple pie a la mode and instead choose one of the 5 recipes linked below.
4. FISH – Protein provides more satiety per calorie than either fat or carbohydrate, which is why it is often easier to lose weight by eating a higher percentage of calories from filling protein sources than quick-burning carbs. But when it comes to various protein choices, fish and seafood may be the best for keeping you full on fewer calories because they have among the highest protein-to-calorie ratios. In addition, a study of normal weight men reported that when they were given equal amounts of protein from either fish, beef or chicken, the subjects reported greater feelings of fullness from fish compared to either beef or chicken. Other studies have also identified fish as one of the most appetite-suppressing foods. HOW TO ENJOY: To keep calories in check, make sure your fish is baked, grilled or sautéed but not deep-fried.
5. HERBS AND SPICES – Naturally calorie-free, herbs and spices are one of the easiest ways to help you cut calories by simply allowing you to pump up the flavor of your food without adding extra fat, sugar, sodium or calories. Herbs and spices are known to be among the most antioxidant-rich foods in the entire food supply, so it’s also not surprising that they can also help you whittle your waistline. A 2012 study found that subjects who received cinnamon supplements daily reduced their BMI compared to matched controls. Several additional studies have also reported that hot spices like cayenne pepper provide a metabolic boost and appetite-suppressing effects. HOW TO ENJOY: Use cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg to flavor foods when you want to combat your cravings for something sweet. Fresh herbs are best when added to dishes toward the end of cooking; garlic is best when it’s mashed or chopped.
Obesity has ruined so many people’s desire to become models. Out of ignorance, some have resorted to taking the wrong medications, but these 5 foods will certainly reduce an unwanted weight or body fat, trust me.
Stress can promote the frequency and severity of seizures for patients with epilepsy. Medical practitionals and researchers have shed light on why it can occur , and they are even putting some effort to stop it.
Watermelon is very hydrating (up to 92% water!) and is naturally low-fat. Make this melon a part of your daily diet and you will get the importance associated with it, ranging from improving cardiovascular health to nourishment of the eyes and reviving up your immune system.
’Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhhh!!!! No bullets in my gun to shoot, I even forgot my bullet proof vest, what will the police chief think?’ These thoughts seemed to drown the gun commotion going on while the robbers generously unleashed their arsenal at each police car. I hoped to the stars that the robbers would change their mind and […]
If you were asked to describe the relationship between “tobacco smoking” and “cancer,” you might immediately think of lung cancer. It’s true that smoking tobacco products (including cigarettes and cigars) causes almost nine of every ten cases of lung cancer, but smoking can cause cancer almost anywhere in your body, including in the— Bladder. Blood […]
Adolescents with mental health problems are becoming more common. At present, American teenagers are suffering from depression at a given time of three percent, and are estimated to increase this surprising number. Here are a few things to look for.As any parent knows, young people may tend to mood. Your child or teenager for a […]
Below are recommended Fruit and Meals tested and proven for strength increase: 1 Greek Yoghurt: Packed with muscle-nourishing nutrients, Greek yogurt is the ideal workout partner. “It’s a good source of protein, calcium and vitamin D, which are good for muscles. Vitamin D is definitely important for your bones—you need strong and healthy bones to sustain muscles—and […]
1. 1 green apple. 2. 2 carrots. 3. 3 handful of spinach. 4. 2 stalks of celery. PREPARATION. Wash & peel the apple & then the carrots.then remove the seeds from the apple.place all the ingredients into a blender or juice & mix well. Drink this mixture each morning on an empty stomach.this mixture will […]