A month to my travel to the university, my mother and I started buying everything I needed. We bought things like a bucket, shoes, shirts, trousers, a set of sport wears, laundry soap, and stationary. While in the market, I noticed that the prices of everything had increased by 100%, and I was very disheartened. […]
The following foods can help you reduce that stubborn body weight.
1. AVOCADOS – Can creamy, rich avocados help shrink your waistline? New research says yes. Data published in the January 2013 issue of “Nutrition Journal” found that individuals who consume heart-healthy avocados have significantly lower BMIs and smaller waistlines, compared to non-avocado eaters. As an added bonus, avocado consumption has been associated with improved overall diet quality as the fruit provides more than 20 different vitamin, minerals and antioxidants. And one fifth of an avocado, (2-3 slices or 1 oz) contains just 50 calories. HOW TO ENJOY: Dip veggies in delicious guacamole, use sliced avocados as a scrumptious salad topper, mash with tuna or hard-boiled eggs for a non-traditional tuna or egg salad.
2. MANGOS – Mangos are one of the best choices to satisfy a sweet tooth while improving your overall diet and not weighing you down. A cup of fresh mango has 100 calories, 2.5 grams of fiber and is an excellent source of vitamins A, C and folate. An animal study reported that the addition of freeze-dried mango to a high-fat diet helped prevent body fat accumulation and lowered blood sugar and insulin levels. And a January 2013 study published in “The Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences” used national food intake data and reported adult mango eaters had higher levels of nutrients such as potassium and fiber, and they weighed less, had lower BMIs and smaller waistlines, compared to adults who reported not eating mangoes. HOW TO ENJOY: Mangoes make more than great salsas or smoothies. Try fresh mango in your yogurt or on your oatmeal, on toast with nut butter or in hearty whole-grain side dishes like quinoa.
3. APPLES – An apple a day may keep a growing waistline at bay. According to several studies, this favorite fruit may lead to reductions in weight and body fat. In addition to containing just 95 calories per medium-sized apple, the fruit also provides the filling soluble fiber pectin and ursolic acid, which may keep you fuller longer while helping your body resist storing extra calories as body fat. In one study, researchers from the University of Iowa found ursolic acid supplementation in animals increased muscle mass. Another animal study found that when animals are given high-fat diets that promote obesity, supplementation of apples or apple juice concentrate help protect the animal from piling on body fat. HOW TO ENJOY: Forgo apple pie a la mode and instead choose one of the 5 recipes linked below.
4. FISH – Protein provides more satiety per calorie than either fat or carbohydrate, which is why it is often easier to lose weight by eating a higher percentage of calories from filling protein sources than quick-burning carbs. But when it comes to various protein choices, fish and seafood may be the best for keeping you full on fewer calories because they have among the highest protein-to-calorie ratios. In addition, a study of normal weight men reported that when they were given equal amounts of protein from either fish, beef or chicken, the subjects reported greater feelings of fullness from fish compared to either beef or chicken. Other studies have also identified fish as one of the most appetite-suppressing foods. HOW TO ENJOY: To keep calories in check, make sure your fish is baked, grilled or sautéed but not deep-fried.
5. HERBS AND SPICES – Naturally calorie-free, herbs and spices are one of the easiest ways to help you cut calories by simply allowing you to pump up the flavor of your food without adding extra fat, sugar, sodium or calories. Herbs and spices are known to be among the most antioxidant-rich foods in the entire food supply, so it’s also not surprising that they can also help you whittle your waistline. A 2012 study found that subjects who received cinnamon supplements daily reduced their BMI compared to matched controls. Several additional studies have also reported that hot spices like cayenne pepper provide a metabolic boost and appetite-suppressing effects. HOW TO ENJOY: Use cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg to flavor foods when you want to combat your cravings for something sweet. Fresh herbs are best when added to dishes toward the end of cooking; garlic is best when it’s mashed or chopped.
Obesity has ruined so many people’s desire to become models. Out of ignorance, some have resorted to taking the wrong medications, but these 5 foods will certainly reduce an unwanted weight or body fat, trust me.
These great people have toiled and struggled amidst economic hardship but they are the top 10 richest people in the African Continent. 10) Issad Rebrab & family – Net Worth: $3.1 Billion (Algerian) Issad Rebrab is the founder of Cevital, Algeria’s largest privately held conglomerate, which owns one of the largest sugar refineries in the […]
There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.
Infuse your life with action. Don’t wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen… yourself, right now, right down here on Earth.
Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out.
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.
Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.
Love myself I do. Not everything, but I love the good as well as the bad. I love my crazy lifestyle, and I love my hard discipline. I love my freedom of speech and the way my eyes get dark when I’m tired. I love that I have learned to trust people with my heart, even if it will get broken. I am proud of everything that I am and will become.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.
-MARTIN LUTHER KING, Jr.
Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
-MARTIN LUTHER KING, Jr.
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.
The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.
-H. JACKSON BROWN, Jr.
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.
The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.
The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.
-HUBERT H. HUMPHREY
If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.
Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality… I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.
-MARTIN LUTHER KING, Jr.
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
The most important thing in the world is family and love.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
A learner is a person who is finding out about a subject or how to do something. Everyone can be a good learner but learning difficulty is very common, it can also come into a person occasionally. The tips below can spur you into action; Becoming a good learner. 1. LEADERS ARE LEARNERS:- If you […]
Living organisms, especially humans, have a peculiar characteristic, making friends. We need to know the processes undergone by the people we met yesterday before the become our friends today. Join me as we travel through one of the most alien route; THE STAGES OF FRIENDSHIP. STRANGER The oxford advance learner’s dictionary defines a stranger as […]